The Mauritius Institute of Training and Development (MITD), a body corporate established under Act 12 of 2009 has taken over the activities of the ex-Industrial and Vocational Training Board (ex-IVTB) and part of the ex-Technical School Management Trust Fund (ex-TSMTF) as from 16 November 2009. The MITD operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Education and Human Resources.
The objectives of MITD are:
- to promote excellence in technical, vocational education and training;
- to promote research and enhance knowledge in technical, vocational education and training;
- to increase access to technical, vocational education and training through the setting up of training centres;
- to promote exchange programmes and courses with other institutions in technical, vocational education and training;
- and to assist in the apprenticeship of persons who are, or will be, employed in commercial, technical and vocational fields.
To be the leader in human capital development in the region and beyond for global employability
We provide and promote innovative and quality learning and certification services for the development of a sustainable human capital